Monday, July 27, 2009

Ultramarathon training week in review: Week 9

This week was a normal week. No doubling up, no tacking on any extra miles. The Johnnycake Jog was on Sunday, so that still afforded me 2 days off for the weekend. Good thing, too - because we went whitewater rafting this weekend. Great timing! Now it's back to my regular Monday through Saturday schedule. The week was a rainy one, but that's just fine by me! I got a chance to get 2 trail runs in this week, which is a rare treat! My son was spending a few days with my parents, and I took a vacation day on Friday. Thursday night I ran on some trails while the hubby worked, and I ran on the trails Friday morning as well. The Friday morning long run was an interesting yet fun run. While driving to the trails I saw some of the darkest storm clouds that I have ever seen. As soon as I pulled into the parking lot the sky opened up. That's just fine by me! The trails got so dark that I could've used a headlamp. The thunderstorm was so loud and the sound of the thunder just echoed through the woods. There was no wind though.

No new donors for this week, so don't forget to donate to UNICEF for my 50k!

Here's this week's breakdown:

Sunday: 5 mile race
Monday: 13 miles, a.m. treadmill/weights/100 situps...2 miles outside at lunch
Tuesday: 5 miles, a.m. treadmill/weights/100 situps...2 miles outside at lunch
Wednesday: 10 miles, a.m. treadmill/weights/100 situps...2 miles outside at lunch
Thursday: 6 miles, trail p.m./weights/100 situps...2 miles outside at lunch
Friday: 10 miles, trail a.m./weights/100 situps

No comments:

Post a Comment