Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sunrise run race report and Ultra Marathon training week in review: WEEK 7

PHEW! This week was a busy one! I wanted to give myself 2 rest days (Friday and Saturday) before the Sunrise run 5 mile race that was held today. That meant tacking on some extra miles to my days so I could get all my Ultra training miles in. My plan worked! I got a new PR, shaved about 2 minutes off my 5 mile time, and took second place overall for females for today's race! When I crossed the finish line, the clock said 34:30. I couldn't believe it! The first place girl came in at somwhere around 33:30 or 33:40. I was running slightly behind the girl who took third up until mile 4. The race people changed the course this year due to construction, and it was much flatter than in previous years. I received a $20 gift certificate to Dick's Sporting Goods! That will not go to waste! I felt pretty good after this race, which tells me maybe I could've picked it up a bit. The asthma was bothering me for some reason at the start, but at around mile 2.5 I got comfortable. Problem though - my knee is feeling funny. So I'm going to put ice on it today and see what happens. It makes me nervous though. We'll see - hopefully it will be ok. Now to get some fishing in :-)

Here is this week's breakdown:

Sunday: 7 mile trail run
Monday: 15 miles on the treadmill (a.m.) along with weights and 100 sit ups/ no run at lunch, forgot my socks!
Tuesday: 13 miles on the treadmill (a.m.) along with weights and 100 sit ups/ 2miles at lunch
Wednesday: 12 miles on the treadmill (a.m.) along with weights and 100 sit ups/ 2miles at lunch
Thursday: 16 miles on the treadmill (a.m.) along with weights and 100 sit ups/ 2miles at lunch
Friday: off
Saturday: off

Donate forget I'm running the Ultra for UNICEF! Donate today - See my link at the side of this page! This week we had our first donors - the Leaphart family of Ohio. BIG ups to them and BIG thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment