Monday, February 22, 2010

Mo' training week 3

This past week started my "real" training for the Mohican 50 miler, and I was ready! Hill work and speed work were done - and this was actually the first time I did them with a set plan and not on a treadmill. What a HUGE difference!

Hill work

The hill work was unreal. I had to have picked the nastiest hill I could find. It wasn't long into my hill work that I asked myself why I would do something like that. However, when I finished (and my heart didn't feel like it was going to explode) I felt AWESOME!!! It was one of the best things ever! HA - I wanted to do a "Rocky" when I was finished, but was too tired.

Speed work

Speed work was done in what some would call foul weather, but the roads were pretty decent, only a few slick spots. That didn't stop an older gent who lives down the street from yelling at me. "YOUR CRAZY!" He screamed. I almost wanted to stop and tell him that HE'S crazy for sitting in his house! I mean, my god - it was over 25 degrees!!! Who cares if it was snowing? We had a heat wave going on outside!

Long Runs

Back to back "long" runs were the name of the game for the weekend. My Saturday run was done at race pace - 7 minute 51 second average mile. Hopefully I can get a lot faster soon! The only down side to my Saturday run was that it was alone. I wanted to concentrate on my race pace, and that meant no NERC run for me. :( I missed those guys! Hopefully my schedule for the week will allow for me to run with everyone Saturday. There's a fun run on Sunday that I would love to do as well, but we'll see. I'm crossing my fingers!

My husband and son's official 1/2 training begins today!!!

"Official" 1/2 marathon training starts for my husband and son today. My hubby will probably not be following the 1/2 plan (except the long runs). He runs a lot more than what the 1/2 plan calls for. My son will be most likely following it to a T though. Day one calls for no running!! Just cross training, so we're going to check out the Riverside Field House, which is free for Township residents. My husband has been going there for about 1 1/2 weeks, and it's right down the street, so why not? My son belongs to the Y, but this is much closer, and we can both workout together. The only thing it's missing is a pool, and again, my son has the Y for that.

On Boston:

I can't believe it's 2 months until Boston! YIKES!!!! We're so ready for a vacation though. Exploring the city will be like running a marathon itself! I'm wondering how Mo' training will go during that time. We'll be in Boston from Saturday until Tuesday. So I may be exploring even MORE of the city than I thought. By RUNNING!

Recipes that work:

It has come to my attention that I have not been doing my "Recipes that Work" lately! Hopefully next week I'll find some new recipes and post (if they aren't nasty that is!)

Have a great week everyone!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment