Sunday, January 3, 2010

Boston Marathon Training Week in Review: Week 3

96.99 miles total for the week! I have yet to hit a 100 mile week. Week 3 was not supposed to be a high mileage week, of course - but this is how I did it. Hopefully I have gotten it all out of my system and can start to work on speed, but I'm not so sure. Most of the running wound up being treadmill miles, but I did get 2 really nice, fun outdoor runs in. On New Year's Day my husband and I went out for a very snowy trail run. It felt great to to be on the trails. It was so quiet, and the snow was beautiful. It was tough maneuvering through the deep snow but it was lots of fun! When we were done we had lots of ice build up on our eyebrows and eyelashes. We could have been children of the Snow Miser himself. I wish I had brought my cell for a couple of pictures!





On Saturday I went out for the NERC's weekly group run. When I woke up that morning, my house was so warm and cozy - like a giant blanket wrapped around me. I procrastinated, but eventually sucked it up - got ready and left. Temps were in the teens, and wind chills were around 0-5 degrees. Weather reports had gusts possible up to 30 mph. I'm not sure how high they got while we were running, but it was freakin' windy. Despite the wind we pushed it. Every step was an effort, but we pressed on. The NERC is tough! Despite the weather we still had a nice group out there, and after the run we warmed up as we do every week - at Bellasano's drinking some nice warm coffee.


Our Saturday run stats:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/21492690



When I got home after the run I got a bit of a surprise:









I don't know why I didn't feel it running. I guess my sock slipped down under my shoe just enough for me to not feel it, but just enough to do a bit of damage. I sure feel it now! OUCH!


This coming week I hope to cut my mileage down, work on speed, and incorporate some cross training into my routine. We'll see.

Training week in review:

Sunday: 16 treadmill miles - early a.m.
Monday: 16 treadmill miles - early a.m.
Tuesday: 16 treadmill miles - early a.m.
Wednesday: 16 treadmill miles - early a.m.
Thursday: 16 treadmill miles - early a.m.
Friday: 6.88 Trail miles with husband (my son bailed on us today!)
Saturday: 10.11 miles with the NERC

Total miles: 96.99

No comments:

Post a Comment