Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Ultramarathon training week in review: Week 13

Finally, I am posting this! We had a weekend packed full of activities.

Starting out by saying there was a new donor this week! Andy Kumeda from California. THANK YOU!!!!! Please donate to UNICEF by clicking on the link at the right hand side of this page.

This week in running was a bit tiring, although I think it was sort of a step down week. My long run was 20 miles on Saturday. I didn't expect much as far as time goes for this one, because we went to the beach Friday night to due some skimboarding, thanks to larger than usual waves. I did 20 miles in 3 hours and 39 minutes. My lungs felt good though, unlike last week. The trails were busy on Saturday, and rightly so. The weather was beautiful! At about mile 15 I went back to my car to get a drink. I can't imagine what I looked like, because a Ranger pulled up and asked if I was alright. I told him I was fine, just 5 miles to go - and he said "Ummm how many are you doing?" When I told him 20, he got this yep you're crazy look on his face, said goodbye and drove away. :)

Monday: 10 miles (16.09 km) a.m. treadmill, sit ups, weights/2.2 miles (2.54km) outside @ lunch

Tuesday: 11 miles (17.70 km) a.m. treadmill, sit ups, weights/2.2 miles (2.54km) outside @ lunch

Wednesday: 9 miles (14.48 km) a.m. treadmill, sit ups, weights/2.2 miles (2.54km) outside @ lunch

Thursday: 11 miles (17.70 km) a.m. treadmill /2.2 miles (2.54km) outside @ lunch

Friday: 12 miles (19.31 km) a.m. treadmill & skimboarding - 2 1/2 hours

Saturday: 20 mile (32.18km) long trail run

No comments:

Post a Comment