Monday, September 28, 2009

The Recovery. Or um, not.

Before the YUTC I was saying that after it was over I would take 1 or 2 weeks off from running. It didn't quite work out that way! I took a whopping 2 days off and couldn't stand it! I took Sunday and Monday off, ran 4.5 miles on both Tuesday and Wednesday, 7 miles Thursday, 8 miles Friday, and 20 miles on Saturday. (All treadmill miles) The 20 miles came after I made the decision to run another 50k, and it's coming soon. I still need to organize my running schedule a little more, since there's a couple smaller races coming up that I always run this time of year, and plan on running again this year. The Autumn Leaves 5 miler, and the City of Painesville 5k. I also need to somehow work around another trip to the Laurel Highlands, we will be going to see some awesome fall colors down there in a couple weeks! All this amounts to, most likely, is more treadmill miles than I want. I'm not happy about that, but life happens, and I don't want to miss it! I am going to try to get as many trail miles as I can. Maybe I can forgo the typical 1 weekend day off, and get some extra trail miles in that way. That will mean zero days of sleeping in, when I already only get 4-5 hours of sleep a night, but you have to sacrifice somewhere I suppose!


Bills Bad Ass 50k


It's free. And you still get stuff. One of the organizers of the race is in the t-shirt business, so therefore we will be provided with shirts! Another one of the organizers is in the restaurant business, so therefore free FOOD! The only downfall of this race is that runners will be making 6 five mile loops. A little mind numbing - but on a positive note, we probably won't get too separated from each other and will be able to have some nice conversations during the run.

Then what?

After the 50k it will be all about speedwork/distance combo until after Boston. Then who knows? I definitely have a 50 miler on my mind, but have to look into it more. This week I plan on buying a parachute (no not for skydiving, but for running so hold the comments). We'll see if it does anything. I imagine it will be a lot of fun if anything. It does raise one question though. If you saw someone running down the street at 3 in the morning with a parachute strapped to their back, what would you think? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment