Monday, June 29, 2009

Ultra marathon training weeks in review: Weeks 4 and 5

GASP! So it has begun. At week 4. I found a schedule that works for me and training was supposed to start ummmmm......4 weeks ago. However looking at the schedule, I actually did more than it said I should in those 4 weeks. PHEW! My Saturday runs I will always try to do on trails, but the month of July will be tough trying to get that in - there are 2 races and some whitewater rafting coming up, so I'm not so sure I'll be able to squeeze many trail runs in. This Saturday I managed to run on trails, and was happy with my time. 15 miles in 2 1/2 hours. Normally would be lousy for me if I were to be running on pavement, but I chose one of the hilliest parks in the area and was pretty pleased with my time. Week 5 was a bit tiring because we did a lot of kayaking as well.

Here's the breakdown:

Week 4:Monday: 7 miles, weights, 100 situps
Tuesday: 8 miles with weights, 100 situps
Wednesday: 4 miles, 100 situps
Thursday: 7 miles, weights, 100 situps
Friday: 11 miles
Saturday: 11 miles

Week 5:
Monday: 7 miles, weights, 100 situps - kayaking
Tuesday: 7 miles with weights, 100 situps- kayaking
Wednesday: 7 miles, 100 situps- kayaking
Thursday: 11 miles, weights, 100 situps- kayaking
Friday: 11miles
Saturday: 15 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment