Friday, February 25, 2011

Leaving tomorrow for the Copper Canyons of Mexico!!

WOW! It took absolutely forever, but it's finally here. Tomorrow Crystal and I leave for the Copper Canyon Ultra Marathon. I sit here and look at pictures and cannot even wrap my head around what I am about to see. The beauty of the canyons, the people, the event - all of it! I am not a seasoned traveler. I have been to few places. Always willing, but never can - money is the main culprit. A quick run down of all the places I have been to: Ohio/Pennsylvania - due to living here/there, Myrtle Beach, Lockport-NY, Chicago, and Toronto. You could probably say Chicago, Toronto, and Myrtle Beach do not even count, since I was a youg'un when I went - and basically was just told where to go and when, what to do and how long to do it for. So this, for me, will be an amazing adventure. All the cities listed above, they are all fairly similar. (Except for Myrtle Beach which has palm trees unaturally placed in the area.) The difference of the Copper Canyons - the landscape, the people, will be so vast from anything I've ever seen before. My whole life, I've always wanted to have an adventure like this and now it's finally here! I'm beyond lucky, speechless - and hope I can properly share it with you when I return. I cannot even imagine the beauty I'm about to see. We will arrive back home on March 9th. And FYI there will be no blogging, no facebook, no email responses until my return.

The trip will start tomorrow at 7:30 a.m., with a flight to El Paso. From there we will be staying at a motel with other runners. In the morning Sunday we will take a shuttle van, 2 days to the canyons and staying at a hotel down there for another 2 days. Then, we stay where we play! Until we leave we will be near the race's start! The race will take place March 6, and we will start to make our way home on March 7. Another 2 day drive, stay again at the Motel overnight in El Paso on March 8 - and leave to head back home on March 9, early in the morning. HERE WE GO!

Adios and Happy Running,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment